Last Updated: April 02, 2020
What Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you access or interact with our website or mobile app. Some examples are when you:
• Create a WeSafe account;
• Sign up to receive our newsletters and/or periodic e-mail notifications with special offers;
• Place an order with us;
• Participate in a contest, giveaway, promotion, or survey; or
• Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
Information Automatically Collected
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with us. Our purpose is to allow the website to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect your technical information such as your IP address and MAC address to determine what region you are accessing the website from, in order to show you the version of the website that is in your language or covers that region.
- We may collect technical information such as your IP address, your device operating system and browser type, as well as identifying information regarding your mobile device such as UDID and serial number, mobile network information including carrier and phone number, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our website and mobile app. We use this technical information to, among other things, improve our products and services as well as to help us administer our website and mobile app and diagnose technical problems. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information that does not personally identify you.
- We use “cookies” and identifying information regarding your mobile device to re-cognise you as you use or return to our site or mobile app. For more information about cookies, please see the section below “Cookies.”
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions, as listed below.
- To fulfill your orders for products and services and communicate with you about those orders;
- To register and service your account;
- To provide customer service;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, giveaways and promotions that you may participate in;
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and mobile app and our business;
- To provide you with customized recommendations and display products that may be relevant to your needs and interests;
- To protect the vital interests of you or others, such as health and safety, or comply with legal requirements.
How We Protect Your Information and How Long We Keep Your Information
To protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control we have implemented security measures on our website.
When you place orders or access your account information, a secure server is employed. All information you input is encrypted by the secure server layer (SSL) before it is sent to us and all the customer data we collect is similarly protected against un-authorised access.
WeSafe cannot be and is not responsible for un-authorised access to information by hackers or others who have obtained such access through illegal measures.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it might be from WeSafe asking for your personal information, do not respond. WeSafe would not request your password, user name, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
We will only store your information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information is collected and processed or, where applicable law provides for longer storage and retention periods, for the storage and retention period required by law. After that your personal information will be deleted.
How We Share Your Information
Within Our Corporate Group
WeSafe may share your personal information with other companies in our corporate group.
We have a legitimate interest in sharing your information for internal administrative purposes, in particular to offer the products and services on our website and mobile app and to deal with any inquiries in an efficient and high-quality manner. If you or the relevant Data Controller are located in the EEA, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to such sharing. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” below.
WeSafe may from time to time share the information we collect from and about you with other third-parties that provide support services to us, or that help us market our products and services. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, promoters and administrators of sweepstakes, contests, giveaways and promotions, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our websites. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose. In some cases WeSafe and third-party service providers may share tracking information, including your IP address, and WeSafe may provide information about your order to the website that has referred you to WeSafe (and the referral network utilised by such website), to facilitate calculation of any commissions payable by WeSafe.
WeSafe may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
The WeSafe website employs “cookies,” which are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer or mobile device. Our cookies enable us both to provide a Shopping Bag and to store your shipping and billing information between visits.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site;
- Delivering content relevant to your interests, including advertisements, on WeSafe.hk, sites operated; by other companies within our corporate group, and third-party sites;
- Keeping track of your specified preferences;
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve WeSafe’s content, products and services;
- Preventing fraudulent activities; and
- Improving security.
The “Settings,” “Privacy” or other features on most browsers will enable you to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and to disable cookies altogether. If you have set your browser to reject cookies, you can still view our site, although you may need to re-enter information that would normally be obtained from the cookie, and it may not be possible to make a purchase.
Links to Other Websites
The WeSafe.hk website may have buttons, plugins and log-in interfaces from sites operated by third parties, as well as links and other connections to those sites. We refer to these buttons, plugins, login interfaces, links and other connections as “Links.” Links may include content from third-party sites that is framed within our website, such as the “Find us on Facebook” social plugin. If you click on a Link or input information in a framed Link on our site, those third parties may receive information about you. As a result, you may wish to review the privacy policies of those third parties to understand how such information is collected and used.
If you click on or input information through certain Links on our website, we may have access to information related to your account with third–party site. This may include your profile information and privacy settings for that site.
While WeSafe encourages third parties with Links on our site to follow appropriate privacy standards and policies, we are not responsible for the actions of those parties, the content of their websites or any products or services they may offer.
Comments, Reviews, and Other Information
Children’s Privacy Online
At WeSafe, we believe that the privacy and safety of children is important.
Our website is a general audience site and is not targeted to or intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal identifiable information from children under the age of 13, we will take all reasonable measures to erase such information from our systems and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
English Version Controls